Dear Friends & Colleagues:
We are proud to announce that the 6th annual ISNVD scientific meeting will take place in lower Manhattan, New York City on April 29th and April 30th of 2016.
During the past few years, the field of neurovascular disease has witnessed a vast growth in clinical and translational research. Meetings are more educational but from time and time again, there is only a limited opportunity for a complete discussion. As a result, a gap appears between the growth of knowledge and its distribution and use. The ISNVD meeting provides a program for international experts to discuss and compare research.
We invite you to join us in the fascinating city of New York in April of 2016!
Salvatore Sclafani, Steve Alexander, Ph.D.,
M.D., ISNVD President Vice President & Conference Chair
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, NY Louisiana State University, USA
2016 Annual Meeting Committee Members:
Dr. Salvatore Sclafani
Dr. Steve Alexander
Dr. Alireza Minagar
Dr. Ziv Haskal
Dr. Felicity Gavins
Abstract Submissions due: December 1st, 2015
Application details coming soon.
Session 1Snapshots of Neurological Diseases with a Neurovascular Perspective; A Neurologist's Point of View.Chairs: Drs. Alireza Minagar and Felicity Gavins
- Alireza Minagar, M.D, Neurology Department Chair, Louisiana State University, USA
- Felicity Gavins, Ph.D., Assistant Professor; Louisiana State University, USA
Session 2Heart & Brain Axis in Neurodegeneration.Chairs: Drs. Robert Zivadinov & Mat Daemen
- Robert Zivadinov, M.D. Ph.D., Professor of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
- Mat Daemen, Ph.D., Professor of Pathology of Atheroscierosis, University of Amsterdam.
Session 3Imaging the Microvasculature.Chairs: Drs. Mark Haacke, PhD, Felicity Gavins, PhD. Neil Granger, PhD
- E. Mark Haacke, Ph.D., Director of MR Research Facility, Wayne State University.
- Felicity Gavins, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University.
- Neil Granger, Ph.D., Boyd Professor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University.
Session 4Assessment of Brain Hemodynamics in the Clinical Setting.Chairs: Drs. Paolo Zamboni, MD and Marcello Mancini,MD
- Paolo Zamboni, M.D., Neurology Research Lab Director, University of Ferrara, Italy.
- Marcello Mancini, M.D., Director of institute of Biostructure and Bio-imaging - CNR, Naples, Italy.
Session 5CSF Disturbances, Aging and Neurodegeneration.
Chairs: Drs. Clive Beggs & Noam Alperin
- Clive Beggs, Ph.D., Professor of Medical Engineering, University of Bradford, U.K.
- Noam Alperin, Ph.D., Professor of Radiology, University of Miami, USA
Session 6CCSVI Treatment Session.
Chairs: Drs. Michael Dake, MD and Salvatore Sclafani, MD
- Michael Dake, M.D., Professor, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University, California, USA
- Salvatore Sclafani, M.D., ISNVD President, Professor and Chairman of Radiology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, New York.
Session 7Annette Funicello Research Foundation 2015 Grant Recipient Presentations.
Chairs: Dr. Ziv Haskal and Ms. Carol Schumacher, M.S.
- Ziv Haskal, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Medical Imaging, University of Virginia, USA
- Carol Schumacher, M.S., Director, Annette Funicello Research Foundation, Menlo Park, California.
Session 8Endothelial Function, Glymphatic System and New Drug Development.
Chairs: Dr. J. Steve Alexander & Dr. Ikuo Tsunoda
- Steve Alexander, Ph.D. ISNVD Vice-President and 2016 meeting Chair, Dept. of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University.
- Ikuo Tsunoda, M.D. Ph.D., Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, Lousiana State University, USA.